The Shenbagam School of Nursing was started in July 2008 and was the brainchild of Dr MACS R.Surendran. It is run by the Sironmaniammal Health and Educational Foundation, which is a charitable trust helping the less fortunate in terms of Health and Education.
The Vision of the School is to produce qualified and well trained Nurses who are dedicated to the profession. We believe that we have a responsibility to both the society and our students to provide continued development in shaping the student not only as an individual but also a responsible and dedicated citizen.
NAME OF THE COURSE – Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery
DURATION OF THE COURSE– 3 Yrs
- Age for admission shall be 17-35 years.
- Only FEMALE candidates to apply.
- Minimum educational qualification +2 (Any group).
- Candidates must appear for an Entrance Test, Practical Test and Personal Interview.
- Entrance Test includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude.
- The Selection Committee’s decision will be notified to potential candidates when they appear for their Interview. Candidates are expected to meet their own travel expenses.
- Application for admission to the General Nursing and Midwifery course will be accepted only in the prescribed format which can be obtained from the Shenbagam School of Nursing Office on payment of Rs 100 as D.D in favour of the Principal, Shenbagam School of Nursing, Madurai.
- The application should be duly filled and all the necessary certificates, 2 sets (Xerox copies) should accompany the application, failing which the application will not be considered. All information in the application should be factual and correct.
LIST OF NECESSARY CERTIFICATES
- Higher Secondary mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate from the Principal of the School/College last studied.
- Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Self addressed envelope (7” x 5”) with affixed Rs 10 stamp.
- Passport size photos - 6 copies
SENIOR INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
Every student on completion of the course shall undergo a year of internship at the attached Hospital or as directed by the School. An Undertaking has to be signed by both the student and the respective parent.